Refrigerated sugar cookie dough make these colorful, minty cutout treats easy-to-prepare. This holiday recipe requires only five ingredients.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a well floured surface, knead the flour into the dough. Knead in the mint extract until completely incorporated.
3. Divide dough in half. Knead about 8 drops of green food coloring into half the dough. Knead about 8 to 10 drops of red food coloring into the remaining half of the dough. Form into disks, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Roll each disk between 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper to a 1/4 inch thickness. Slide onto baking sheets and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Cut each dough into tree shapes using a 4-inch cutter. Cut dots out of cookies with a 3/4-inch round cookie cutter (see note). Place on baking sheet. Form scraps into disks and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
6. Exchange dots between between the different colored cookies, green in the red trees and visaversa. Reroll scraps and cut out additional cookies.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set. Remove to a wire rack and let cool 1 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheet to wire rack and allow to cool completely.