1. Prepare 1 recipe Basic Holiday Cookie dough, with the following changes: Substitute 3/4 teaspoon almond extract for vanilla; stir 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts and green food coloring into dough.
2. Prepare 1 recipe Basic Holiday Cookie dough with the following changes: Substitute 1/4 cup packed brown sugar for 1/4 cup granulated; add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder to flour.
3. Wrap doughs in plastic; refrigerate until chilled.
4. Roll out half the chocolate dough on floured waxed paper to 10 x 7-inch rectangle. Repeat with half the pistachio dough. Place pistachio dough on top of chocolate. Peel off top paper. Starting with long side, roll up doughs tightly, jelly-roll fashion, using bottom paper as guide and removing paper as you roll.
5. Wrap; chill. Repeat with remaining doughs. Cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on baking sheets. Bake in 350 degree F oven 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on racks. Makes about 7-1/2 dozen.