Makes: 4 dozen at $2.18 per dozen. Prep: 20 minutes. Bake: at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In medium-size bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
3. In large bowl, on medium-high speed, beat together butter, sugar and extract until creamy, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture, nuts and pineapple until dough forms.
4. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place 3 balls on a prepared baking sheet; flatten each into 5-inch round. Smooth edge; press tines of fork around edge. Cut each into 8 equal triangles; do not pull apart. Repeat with remaining dough and second baking sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 15 minutes or until just lightly golden.
6. While still hot, recut rounds into triangles. Transfer to rack; let cool.Pineapple Icing:
7. In small bowl, stir together sugar and juice until smooth. Divide icing in half; tint half with red food color. Spoon each icing into a pastry bag fitted with a small writing tip. Pipe alternating stripes into indentations on each cookie. Let dry.