1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla
4. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Work the dough together and wrap in plastic.
5. Cool for at least 1 hour. Take it out, work it soft and roll out the dough to a thin layer and cut out 2-1/2 inch large circles, and place onto baking paper covered cookie sheets.
6. Put 1 tsp. of jam in the middle of 20 cookies.
7. Brush the edges with a little water and place a Popsicle stick in the middle. Put another cookie on top.
8. With a fork, gently press down all the edges. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool on wire racks.