These minty cookies don't spread much; instead they bake into puffy balls. Dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy, they're a delightful holiday sweet.
1. Stir together flour and salt in medium-size bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg. Beat in peppermint and vanilla extracts.
3. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Shape dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls for a total of 36 cookies; place on prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. When cool, brush with melted white chocolate; dip in chopped candy canes. Let harden on parchment or waxed paper.