1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a well floured surface, knead cookie dough and flour. Knead in the 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts.
3. Roll 1-1/2 teaspoons of dough into a 2-inch log. Repeat with remaining dough. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
4. Place chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes on HIGH. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
5. Dip one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Sprinkle chocolate with the very finely chopped nuts.
6. Let chocolate set completely before storing.