Makes: 24 cookies at 28o each. Prep Time: 20 minutes. Bake: at 325 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium-size bowl.
3. Beat together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in the flour mixture until blended and dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
4. Using a 1/4 cup dry measure, drop dough by slightly rounded mounds onto large ungreased baking sheets, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 325 degrees F oven 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown around edges and lightly colored on top.
6. Remove the baking sheets to a wire rack and let cookies cool on sheets for about 3 minutes. Remove the cookies with a metal spatula from the baking sheets to a wire rack and let cool completely.