1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon pads.
2. In food processor, pulse the pecans until very finely chopped, but not processed to a paste.
3. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter, salt, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and bourbon until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add ground pecans; beat in until thoroughly combined. Sift flour over bowl; on low speed, beat until just blended. Stir in pine nuts.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Set on prepared sheets, at least 1-1/2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven until lightly golden, 12 to 15 minutes. While still warm, roll cookies in remaining confectioners sugar to coat. Transfer to rack; let cool. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week; dust with additional confectioners sugar just before serving. Or freeze cookies for up to 1 month; roll in sugar after thawing. Makes about 4 dozen 1-inch cookies.