The fabulous combination of chocolate and peanut butter meet in these sandwich cookies. Peanut butter cookies filled with a peanut butter filling are dipped and decorated with melted chocolate chips. The result is a cookie that tastes like a crunch candy bar.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth. On low, beat in flour mixture.
2. For each cookie, roll 1 rounded teaspoon dough into 1-inch ball; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 10 minutes until puffed. Let stand 2 minutes on sheet. Remove cookies to rack; let cool.Filling:
4. In bowl, mix peanut butter and sugar. Spread flat side of half the cookies with 1 rounded teaspoon filling; top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
5. In small bowl, microwave chips and oil at 100 percent power 1 minute; stir until melted. Dip cookies halfway into chocolate; let excess drain off. Place on parchment or waxed paper lined sheets. Drizzle with remaining chocolate. Refrigerate to set.