1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat sugar, butter, rind and eggs in bowl until blended. Stir in flour, almonds, baking powder and salt until dough forms.
3. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 10 x 3-inch log. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. While still warm, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool. Makes 4 dozen biscotti.