Servings: 48 Yield: about 4 dozen cookies Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 10 mins
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots (4 to 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped glace cherries (3-ounce container)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. On medium-high speed, beat butter and shortening in large bowl until creamy. Beat in the brown and granulated sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and water. Beat in the vanilla.
4. On low speed, beat in oat mixture. Fold in chips, apricots, raisins and cherries. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes, until browned. Cool slightly on pan. Transfer to rack to cool. Makes about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 48; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 106, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 45, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.