1. Heat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Mix oats, flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice in bowl.
3. On medium-high speed, beat butter and shortening in large bowl until creamy. Beat in the brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg. Beat in vanilla.
4. On low speed, beat in oat mixture. Fold in cranberries. Drop by 1/4-cupfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet. Press lightly into 2 1/2-inch circles.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven 14 to 16 minutes, until cracked and spread. Let stand 2 minutes on sheet; then transfer to wire rack to cool.Prepare Glaze:
6. Stir together the confectioners sugar and water until smooth.
7. Brush glaze over cookie tops, about 1 teaspoon per cookie. Set on wire rack to dry. Store between sheets of waxed paper in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 weeks. Makes 18 cookies.