Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 11 mins to 13 mins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 minute. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture until combined. Stir in oats, chips and nuts.
3. Using 2 tablespoonfuls of dough, roll into ball and place on unerased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 156, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 106, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.