makes: 3 1/2 dozen cookies. prep: 20 minutes bake: at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, coffee crystals and salt. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, beat together 1/2 cup of the butter, sugar and egg until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Knead in bowl if necessary to bring dough together.
3. Form dough into balls, using about 2 teaspoons each. Place on unerased baking sheets and make an indentation in the center of each with thumb.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes until set. Press down indentations if needed. Remove from baking sheets to wire rack and let cool.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth. Stir in liqueur and vanilla. Let cool slightly. Place in a resealable plastic food storage bag and snip off a small corner. Fill indentation of each cookie with chocolate. Let cookies set up at room temperature.