Servings: 48 Yield: 4 dozen Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Peppermint Frosting:
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermints
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 10 x 15 x 1-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with waxed paper. Coat with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan. Beat in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour and extract. Spread batter in pan.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 30 minutes or until edges begin to firm. Remove pan to wire rack to cool. Frosting:
4. Beat sugar, cream, butter and extract in bowl until smooth. Lift brownie out of pan. Frost top. Sprinkle with candies. Cut into squares, or mini-squares, for gifts. Makes 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 48; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 188, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 11, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.