1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat shortening and brown sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, syrup, and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate and walnuts.
4. Drop dough by level teaspoons 1 inch apart onto prepared sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven 8 minutes or until golden. Let stand on baking sheets on wire rack 1 to 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Store in tightly sealed plastic container with sheets of waxed paper or foil between layers. Makes 12 dozen mini cookies.