1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Combine egg whites, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, cream of tartar and the orange extract in a large bowl. Beat on medium high speed until frothy. Continue beating, adding remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form, about 8 minutes.
3. Spoon into large pastry bag fitted with medium-large round tip. Pipe 3 connected circles (3/4, 1 and 1-1/4 inches) for each snowman. Smooth any meringue points with water-dipped fingertip.
4. Using same tip, pipe 3-inch 8-pointed star snowflakes onto second sheet. Decorate with nonpareils, sugars and dragees, removing dragees before serving.
5. Pipe 1-1/2-inch S meringues on baking sheet.
6. Bake in 200 degree F oven for 2 hours, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool on pans on wire rack. Carefully pry off from foil with thin metal spatula. Pipe faces on snowmen using Royal Icing. Attach dragees or nonpareils as buttons. Makes about 8 snowmen, 9 stars and 8 S curves.
1. In a small bowl, lightly whisk together meringue powder and water. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar, sifted, to make softly peaking icing. Cover surface of icing directly with plastic wrap to prevent crust from forming until ready to use. Keep at room temperature.