1. Combine honey, molasses, brown sugar and butter in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar melts and mixture almost comes to a boil. Stir in candied orange rind, sliced almonds and lemon rind. Cool slightly. Stir in egg.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and allspice in bowl. Stir into honey mixture. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Pinch off dough into 1-inch balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Using fingertips, press each lightly to 1/4-inch thickness. (If sticky, wet fingers.) Place almond in center of each cookie.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven until firm in center and wooden pick inserted comes out not quite clean, 7 to 9 minutes.Glaze:
6. Stir together sugar, lemon extract and 2 tablespoons water in bowl until good spreading consistency, adding more water as needed. Spread glaze on warm cookies. Place on wire racks to cool. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.