1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil and grease lightly. In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, cream, and honey. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
2. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Brush down sides of pan with damp pastry brush or damp paper towel to prevent sugar crystallization. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 238 degrees F (soft ball stage). Remove from heat and quickly stir in oats, almonds, ginger candy, flour, and lemon rind.
3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Dip fork tines into cold water and press top of each cookie to flatten. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until light golden and set. Reverse sheets halfway through baking.
4. Transfer sheets to wire racks and let stand until cookies are completely cool, about 2 hours. Gently loosen from foil. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. With spoon, drizzle cookies with chocolate. Let stand until dry. Store between layers of waxed paper.