These sophisticated ice cream sandwiches are filled with chocolate-swirled coffee ice cream, but you can use chocolate or vanilla ice cream to turn this into a kids' recipe.
1. Arrange cookies in single layer on large baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer.
2. Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften for 15 to 30 minutes or just until soft enough to scoop.
3. Stir mini chocolate pieces into ice cream to distribute evenly. Gently swirl in the chocolate syrup, being careful not to stir too much and lose the swirl pattern.To assemble:
4. Remove cookies from freezer. Place 1 cookie, flat side up, in center of 8 x 8-inch piece of plastic wrap. Scoop about 1/3 cup of ice-cream mixture onto middle of cookie. Top with another cookie, flat side down; gently sandwich together to press ice cream out to edge of cookies.
5. Using table knife or small thin metal spatula, smooth ice cream around edge. Wrap sandwich cookie tightly in plastic wrap. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight to firm up.
6. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice-cream mixture to make 3 more ice-cream sandwiches.
7. Remove cookies from freezer to soften, about 10 minutes before serving. Remove plastic wrap from cookies. Serve.