Servings: 4 Yield: 4 dozen cookies Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 8 mins to 10 mins Stand 30 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
2. Beat butter, sugars in bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. On low, beat in flour mixture.
3. On floured surface, roll out half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 1-3/4-inch heart-shaped or small round cookie cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack to cool. Roll, cut and bake remaining dough. Filling:
5. Beat sugar, shortening, rind and juice in bowl until smooth but thick. Spread 1 teaspoon on half the cookies. Sandwich with second cookie. Let set 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 104, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 15, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 24, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.