Because the hazelnuts are ground, you can't see them, but you sure can taste their sweet richness when you bite into a cookie.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Stir together flour, confectioners sugar, hazelnuts and salt in medium-size bowl.
3. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Knead until mixture holds together. Divide dough in half.
4. Roll out one-half of the dough to about 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out circles and place on ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Repeat, using all dough. Prick with fork.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until cookies just start to get golden. Cool completely on wire rack.To decorate:
6. Pour each melted chocolate into a small plastic resealable bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of each bag and drizzle cooled shortbread with melted chocolates.