Red raspberry jam makes a delicious filling for these rolled hazelnut cookies. These versatile cookies are perfect for holiday baking as well as special occasions year-round.
1. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla, egg yolk, flour, salt and hazelnuts until well blended. Refrigerate dough, covered, 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Divide dough in half. Roll out half 1/8 inch thick on generously floured surface with floured rolling pin. Cut with 2-inch daisy cookie cutter. Using 1-inch cutter, cut hole in half the cookies. Place on nonstick baking sheet. Reroll scraps; cut out cookies.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven until edges are very light brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
5. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon jam on underside of solid cookies; place cookie with hole on top. Dust with sugar.