1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease thirty 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
2. Knead cookie dough and 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger until well combined. Divide dough into 30 (1-tablespoon) portions. Place dough portions into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake for 9 minutes or until dough is slightly firm but not set. Using the back of a rounded 1/2-teaspoon measuring spoon, gently press a shallow indentation in each shell.
4. Bake about 2 minutes more or until edges of shells are firm and golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Re-form indentations, if necessary. Carefully remove tart shells from cups. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. For filling, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup purchased lemon curd and 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk. Spoon filling into cooled tart shells. Sprinkle with additional chopped crystallized ginger. If desired, top each with a lemon peel strip and sprinkle with powdered sugar.