The holidays just wouldn't be the same without this kid-favorite cutout cookie recipe. Ask your kids to help with the decorating.
1. To basic sugar cookie dough, add 1 tablespoon ground ginger,
2. 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to flour mixture. Continue as directed. Halve dough and form into 2 disks. Refrigerate 4 hours.
3. On lightly floured work surface, roll out one disk to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a large gingerbread cookie cutter, cut out 2 figures. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with a small cookie cutter and other half of dough. Gather scraps and refrigerate. Reroll to form total of 2 large and 14 small cookies.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes. Make Royal Icing. Decorate with Royal Icing, candy and sugars as desired.Note:
5. Find Basic Sugar Cookie Dough and Royal Icing recipes by browsing our recipe collection in the search bar above.