1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in medium-size bowl.
3. Beat butter, sugar, eggs, rind and extract in large bowl until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then fruit bits.
4. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half into 12 x 2-inch slightly flattened loaf. Place loaves 2 inches apart on sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool on sheets on racks 10 minutes. Place loaves on cutting board. Slice diagonally 3/4 inch thick. Place slices on sheets. Bake 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on racks. Store airtight at room temperature 1 week.