Makes about 16 cookie sticks. Prep: 30 minutes. Chill: 2 hours. Bake: at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in bowl. Beat together butter, sugar, egg and orange extract in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Flatten each half into 6-inch squares; wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2. Lightly flour the dough. Roll the dough between two sheets of waxed paper to a scant 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out into flower shapes, using 3-inch cookie cutters. Cut out freeform leaf shapes. Reroll scraps; cut out shapes.
3. Coat baking sheets with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray. Place sticks, spacing 5 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets. Place cookie over top end of stick; press stick into cookies like a lollipop. Place a leaf on each stick, about 2-1/2 inches down from flower.
4. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes. Cool the cookies on baking sheet placed on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
5. Prepare Royal Icing as directed. Add extra water, drop by drop, to make flowing consistency. Divide into batches, tinting with different colors. Frost flowers and leaves; let dry.