1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On lightly floured board or cloth, knead flour into dough until well blended and smooth.
3. On lightly floured board or cloth, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
4. Cut dough into shapes, using your own cookie cutters. Save scraps.
5. Place cookies on large ungreased baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie.
6. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden around edges. Cool cookies on sheet on wire rack 1 minute. Using large metal spatula, remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Reroll scraps, cut out more cookies and bake.
7. Meanwhile, prepare Royal Icing. Divide icing into batches; tint with food paste colors. To make glaze for base coat, thin icing slightly with water, a drop at a time, until consistency of sour cream. Use fine-tipped paintbrush to apply evenly over cookie. Let dry. To decorate, spoon unthinned icing into pastry bag fitted with writing tip, using different pastry bag for each color. Decorate as pictured. Let dry.
1. Using packaged meringue powder or powdered egg whites (Just Whites), prepare Royal Icing according to package directions.