1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a double layer of foil; coat with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, orange rind, sugar, and eggs, adding eggs 1 at a time. Add flour mixture on low, beating just until blended. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
3. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half into a slightly flattened log measuring 12 x 2-1/2 inches. Place 1 log on each baking sheet.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool slightly. With a serrated knife, cut each log into 1/3-inch- to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
5. Lay slices on baking sheets and bake 10 minutes. Flip slices and bake 10 minutes more, until crisp and dry. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.