A kid-favorite recipe prepared in just over 30 minutes. Embellish these shaped holiday sugar cookies with piping and white decorating sugar.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a well-floured surface, knead together cookie dough, flour, cornstarch and 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract. Roll between 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper to a 1/4-inch thickness. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Remove chilled dough from baking sheet and remove the top piece of paper. Cut into snowflakes using a 4-inch snowflake cookie cutter. Place snowflakes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Reroll scrapes and cut into additional snowflakes. If dough becomes too soft, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and set. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.Glaze:
5. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, coconut extract and milk until smooth and a good spreading consistency.
6. Spread about 1 teaspoon of glaze on each cookie and let dry.Piping:
7. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and milk. Stir until a good piping consistency. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a small writing tip. Decorate snowflakes in various patterns and sprinkle with about 1/4 teaspoon of decorating sugar. Shake off excess sugar and let dry.