1. Mix flours, baking soda and salt in medium-size bowl.
2. Beat together butter and 1 cup sugar in bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
3. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Using on-and-off pulses, chop figs in food processor. Combine with remaining 1/3 cup sugar, the water and lemon rind in medium-size saucepan. Cook over low heat 5 minutes. Let cool.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of dough into 16 x 8-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 2 strips, each 16 x 4 inches.
6. Place about 1/2 cup of fig mixture evenly down center of each strip, lengthwise. Fold sides of dough over filling; press edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
7. Cut each bar in half crosswise. Transfer, seam side down, to ungreased baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
8. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
9. Bake bars in 375 degrees F oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. While still warm, cut bars into 1-inch cookies. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
10. . Sift confectioners sugar into medium-size bowl. Stir in lemon juice until smooth and good drizzling consistency. Divide into 3 equal portions; color one red, one green and leave third white. Drizzle over bars.