Servings: 36 Yield: 36 Cookies Prep 20 mins Chill 1 hr Bake 350°F 13 mins to 15 mins
- 1 wide-mouth Mason jar (1 quart)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar in the raw
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Make It Dry Mix:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Layer dry mix ingredients in jar:
2. Spoon flour mixture into bottom of jar and press down hard to compact (a small spice jar works well for compacting). It needs to be at about the 1-1/4-cup mark on the jar to insure that there is enough room for all ingredients. Continue layering with cocoa powder, granulated sugar and turbinado sugar, compacting each layer. Add chips and nuts. Close jar tightly. Store up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
3. Write or type the following recipe on a gift card and attach it to the jar with ribbon.
4. Decorate lid of jar with fabric and tie with ribbon and bows. Makes 36 cookies.
Variation Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup cooled, melted butter with 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in contents of this jar until just mixed. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 36; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 134, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 28, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 63, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.