These chocolate cookies resemble birds' nests with coconut for twigs and jelly beans for eggs. Kids can help roll the dough into balls, fill the cookie nests with jelly bean eggs, and of course, gobble them up.
1. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
2. Beat together butter, cream cheese and brown sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg yolk and coconut extract. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture in 3 batches until well blended. Stir in 3 cups of the coconut. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Spread remaining coconut on parchment or waxed paper.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Using level tablespoon, shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place on ungreased baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire rack. Then press indentation into center of each cookie, using back of 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon mini chocolate chips into each indention. Top each with 3 jelly beans.