1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.Dough:
2. Sift together flour and salt into a bowl.
3. Beat margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until mixed. Blend in flour mixture, then mini chips.
4. Shape dough on lightly floured surface into 2 x 1/2-inch logs. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.Coating:
6. Melt together chocolate chips and margarine in top of double boiler over hot water; stir until smooth and blended. If too thick, add more margarine, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a good coating consistency.
7. Dip ends of cooled cookies into chocolate. Roll chocolate-coated ends in the chopped walnuts. Place cookies on waxed paper; let stand until set.