1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Line baking sheets with foil. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Mark out twelve 2-1/2-inch boat shapes on foil.Prepare Meringues:
2. Sift sugar and cocoa powder onto waxed paper.
3. Beat together whites and cream of tartar in bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in superfine sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold in cocoa mixture. Scrape into pastry bag fitted with medium-size plain tip.
4. Pipe meringue onto the prepared baking sheets, following the penciled outlines of the boats; fill in the center of the boats with meringue. For the sides of the boat, pipe kisses around the perimeter of the boats.
5. Bake in 200 degrees F oven 50 minutes or until crisped. Transfer to wire racks to cool.Prepare filling:
6. Melt chocolate in heavy cream in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in vanilla. Spoon into prepared meringues.Prepare Topping:
7. Beat cream and confectioners sugar in medium-size bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with small star tip. Cut cherries into quarters. Scatter cherries into meringue shells. Pipe on whipped cream. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.