Pistachio and chocolate each flavor half the dough of these low-fat, low-calorie holiday cookies. Just roll and slice for an easy pinwheel design.
1. Divide cookie dough in half. Into one half knead in the pistachio pudding, chopped pistachio nuts and green food coloring. Shape into a small rectangle; wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Into the remaining dough, knead in the cocoa powder and the brown sugar. Shape into a small rectangle, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour
3. Roll out the pistachio dough between 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper to a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Repeat with the chocolate dough.
4. Remove top sheet of paper from the chocolate dough. Remove the top sheet of paper from the pistachio dough and place on top of the chocolate dough. Peel off the top sheet of paper. Starting with a long side, roll up doughs, jelly-roll fashion, using the bottom paper as a guide and removing paper as you roll. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees F for 11 to 12 minutes.
7. Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.