Low-calorie meringue cookies are great for dieters who yearn for just a nibble of something sweet--like this recipe, which is made with pistachio nuts and dipped in chocolate.
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
2. In large bowl, combine whites, cream of tartar and salt. On medium-high speed, beat until frothy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in pistachios and green food coloring. Place in large pastry bag with 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe 1-1/2-inch-wide rounds on sheets, spacing about 1-1/2 inches apart. Gently smooth tops of rounds with the back of a spoon.
3. Bake in 200 degree F oven 1-1/2 hours. Turn oven off and leave oven door closed. Let stand in oven 30 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks; let cool. Remove cookies from sheets.
4. Place chocolate in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on 100 percent power 30 seconds. Stir; microwave 45 seconds more. Stir until melted.
5. Dip half of the top side of each cookie into the melted chocolate; scrape excess back into cup. Place on waxed paper or foil to set.