1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheets.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl until well blended.
3. Beat together the margarine and sugar on medium speed in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low until well blended. Stir in the nuts, dates and chopped cherries.
4. Shape level tablespoons of the dough into balls and roll in the crushed corn flakes. Place the dough balls, spacing about 1-1/2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Top each cookie with a cherry quarter.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool.