Makes: 4 1/2 dozen cookies. Prep: 15 minutes. Refrigerate: 2 hours. Bake: at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, beat butter for 1 minute. Add sugar and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. beat in vanilla. Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cool, then beat into mixture.
3. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Fold in chopped nuts. Cover dough; refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Drop dough in heaping tablespoons onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, about 12 to a sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until set and lightly golden around edges. Cool a few minutes on the baking sheets on wire rack. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Mix confectioners sugar and milk until smooth and consistency of honey. Drizzle over cookies when cool.