This cookie mix recipe makes a great holiday food gift in less than 30 minutes. Decorate the jar to make an extra special presentation.
1. In large bowl, blend flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In smaller bowl, stir together half of this flour mixture and the cocoa powder so cocoa is partially mixed in.Layer dry mix ingredients in jar:
2. Spoon flour-cocoa mixture into bottom of jar; press down very hard to compact (a small spice jar works well for compacting). Spoon plain flour mixture on top of flour-cocoa mixture; compact. Continue layering with dark-brown sugar, light-brown sugar and granulated sugar, compacting each layer. Top with butterscotch chips. Seal jar tightly. Store up to 2 weeks at cool room temperature.To present as gift:
3. Decorate lid of jar with felt or fabric. Tie with ribbons and bows. Attach recipe to jar with ribbon. Include appropriate kitchen utensils if desired, such as a small whisk and wooden cooking spoon.Prepare instructions for using mix:
4. Type or handwrite following recipe on large gift tag, 4 x 3 inches.
6. Cookie Mix in a Jar:
7. In large bowl, combine 3/4 cup cooled, melted butter with 3 large eggs and
8. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Stir in contents of jar just until mixed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 12 to 13 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 1 minute. Remove cookies to rack and let cool completely.