1. Heat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt onto waxed paper.
3. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and egg in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in hot water and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended and smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto large greased baking sheet.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on sheet on wire rack 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.