Makes: 3 dozen cookies at $1.01 per dozen. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Bake: at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium-size bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in banana, ginger and vanilla. On low speed, slowly beat in flour mixture.
4. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing the mounds about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 375 degrees F oven until lightly browned around edges and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool.
6. When completely cooled, frost and decorate with Lemon Glaze.Lemon Glaze:
7. In medium-size bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar, milk, lemon rind, lemon juice and salt until good glazing consistency. Reserve 2 tablespoons. Frost tops of cookies with the remaining glaze, leaving the edges of the cookies unfrosted. Add food coloring to the reserved glaze. Stir in a few drops of milk for a good drizzling consistency. Dip a fork into thinned glaze and drizzle over the frosted cookies.