1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheets with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
3. Beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in medium-size bowl until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
4. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 12 minutes or until golden. Cool baking sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.