These almond-flavored bite-size cookies are a definite kid-favorite recipe. Make a batch for snacking or wrap some up to give away as food gifts.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend almond paste and sugar until smooth; add butter and shortening and mix again to incorporate.
3. Gradually add egg whites and extract, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the bowl. Add the flour and mix just long enough to incorporate.
4. Transfer the dough to a cookie press or pastry bag fitted with a large star tip; Pipe into desired shapes onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.