Ground almonds and amaretto double the almond flavor of these tender butter cookies.
1. Finely grind almonds in food processor. Add flour, confectioners sugar and salt. Pulse to evenly blend. Add butter and amaretto; pulse until dough begins to come together.
2. With floured hands, roll dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Bake cookies until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove to rack; let cool completely.Glaze:
5. In cup, stir together confectioners sugar and enough milk for good glazing consistency. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon glaze onto each cookie, letting glaze drip down sides. Let dry slightly. Top with non-pareils or sprinkles.