Write love notes to family and friends on these edible cookie postcards. Perfect for a Valentine's Day party or use as place cards for entertaining.
1. In bowl, with electric mixer on medium-high, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low, and beat in flour. Divide dough into 2 balls, and shape into rectangles. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Between two sheets of parchment or wax paper, roll one ball of dough into a 9 x 15-inch rectangle. Remove top layer of paper, and invert dough onto baking sheet. Remove paper. Cut out 3 x 5-inch rectangles and place 1 inch apart. Repeat with remaining dough. Place in freezer 15 minutes.
3. Bake cookies 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on baking sheet.Prepare icing:
4. In large bowl, with mixer on low, beat sugar, egg whites, 3 tablespoons water, and cream of tartar until combined. Increase mixer speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form.To decorate:
5. Divide icing; tint 1/4 cup red and 1/4 cup pink. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to remaining white icing to thin to consistency of heavy cream. Using your fingertip, spread thinned icing over cookies; let dry 15 minutes. Place tinted icings in resealable plastic bags, snip ends, and decorate as desired with icing and sprinkles. To make stamps, cut fruit leather and attach with icing.