Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 whole wheat burger buns, split and toased
- 1 recipe Caper Relish
1. In a small saucepan bring 1-inch water to a boil. Insert steamer basket and add baby carrots. Cover and steam on medium-low until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and gently toss with 2 teaspoons oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, red peppers, onions and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Form into four 3/4-inch thick patties. In a medium nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add patties to skillet and cook until no longer pink in the center, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes total. Place patties in buns and serve with Caper Relish and carrots.
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. In a small bowl, stir together chopped red pepper, chopped red onion, capers and olive oil. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 389, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 84, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 29, vit. A (IU): 15958, vit. C (mg): 57, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 41, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 568, Potassium (mg): 639, calcium (mg): 124, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.