Servings: 8 Yield: 8 cups Active Time 30 mins Total Time 1 hr
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 large ears fresh sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 3 cups)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Ground black pepper
1. In a large pot combine 3 cups water and the quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Uncover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until quinoa is nearly dry, stirring frequently. Spread quinoa on a large parchment-covered baking sheet to cool completely.
2. In a very large bowl, stir together the cooled quinoa, corn, beans, cilantro, green onions, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead Tip
- The salad can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 337, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 42, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 6, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 13, vit. A (IU): 317, vit. C (mg): 9, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 97, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 523, Potassium (mg): 648, calcium (mg): 47, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.