Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 58 mins
- 1/2 pound smoked slab bacon (or thick-cut bacon), diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 3/4 - 3 pounds collard greens, stems removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cups chicken stock (such as Kitchen Basics)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Heat a large stockpot over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in greens, chicken stock and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20 minutes. Uncover and cook 25 minutes. Stir in salt.
2. Using tongs, remove greens to a serving bowl, allowing excess liquid to drip off.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 104, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 385, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.