Brown sugar and cinnamon make a yummy topping for this favorite breakfast and brunch recipe.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.Topping:
2. In medium-size bowl, blend brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. With pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbs form. Chill.Cake:
3. Pour vinegar into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to equal 1 cup. Set aside. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Working in batches, beat in milk mixture alternately with flour mixture.
5. Scrape batter into pan. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar; cut in squares.